- 4-H Fairgrounds
The Greene County 4-H fairs have been held in Greene County since 1938. They were first held in Linton at the city park. The fairs were moved from the park in 1971 because of the problem with flies. The livestock barns were located near the city pool. As a result of the combination of weather and animals, the smell and flies made their way to the pool. This was annoying to the people trying to swim and relax at the pool.
- 4-Way Bridge
A four-way bridge is one with a four-way intersection that runs across it. The Four-Way Bridge is located on the Sullivan-Greene County line. White Rose Road crosses the bridge from the east and west, while County Line Road intersects from the north and south. Underneath the bridge Black Creek and Hamilton Ditch (often referred to as Goose Pond Creek)) also intersect.
- American Bottoms
The American Bottoms is located about 8 miles east of Bloomfield, Indiana in rural eastern Greene County, Indiana.
- Bloomfield Jack Factory
The Bloomfield Jack Factory is a division of the Bloomfield Manufacturing Company, located on West Spring and South Franklin Streets in Bloomfield, Indiana.
- Bloomfield Sign
The original plans were to erect signs in honor of Bloomfield’s 175th anniversary in 1999.
- Bloomfield-Eastern Greene Public Library
At the beginning of the twentieth century, a group of local residents decided that the Bloomfield community needed a public library. In 1905, Mercia Hoagland, Secretary of the State Library Commission, visited Bloomfield and explained the procedure of starting a library.
- Blue Barn
The Blue Barn was located at the intersection of Indiana State Road 54 and County Road 375 East, approximately five miles east of Bloomfield. The barn was supposedly built in 1901 on a farm then owned by a farmer named Albert Heaton.
- Blue House
The large two-story frame house, which was once located on the corner of Northeast A and Fourth Streets in Linton, Indiana, was commonly referred to as the Blue House. The land on which the Blue House originally stood was purchased from the United States Government on March 25, 1825, by Abner C. Young for $100. The first piece of land consisted of 193 acres. Later it was divided into five sections and sold.
- Center of Population Marker
The Population Center Marker indicates the geographic center of the population in the United States, based upon information released by the United States Census Bureau. In 1930 the center was found to be about three miles north of the city park at the east edge of Linton.
- Chainsaw Bear
In the fall of 2005 a resident from Scotland, Indiana, made an unusual project out of an old tree in his daughter’s yard. The project was a 10-foot-5-inch bear holding a fish.
- Daisy Cigar Store
The Daisy Cigar Store, located at 40 East Vincennes Street, is one of the oldest stores in Linton. The store has been in operation for at least 75 years. The present owners, Charlie and Judy Cox, bought the store in 1979, after returning to their hometown of Linton. They purchased the store from Marion Bales. In 1919, the store was called Galbraith Brothers, after the owners Henry and Mahion Galbraith. It was also known as "Cappy’s" for many years, after the owner F. M. "Cappy" Utterback.
- Dooley Cave
Dooley Cave is located in Northeastern Greene County, just west of Newark on County Road 580E in Highland Township. The cave is owned by a man from Elletsville. Many people would go to Dooley Cave for relaxation and spelunking. Its beautiful landscape and surroundings made it an ideal place for enjoying nature.
- Eagles Nest
In the spring of 2007 a pair of American bald eagles built a nest just off of County Road 800 West in Greene County.
- Ellis School
The original Ellis School house was a one-room log building built circa 1871. This building was located across from Ellis Church and Asher Page’s Grocery (this would be about one half mile south from the present building). The property was not deeded to the county. The log building was replaced in 1873.
- Farmers Ferry
For 124 years the Farmer’s Ferry was one of the most effective ways to cross the White River. The ferry had operated since 1865.
- Freeman - Greene County General Hospitals
The Freeman City Hospital, established in June 1912, was located at Fourth and Northeast A Streets in Linton, Indiana. Job Freeman, a successful developer of the coal industry in this area, and his wife deeded their spacious home to be used for the first public general hospital in Linton. The hospital was a Victorian-styled structure, constructed of limestone. The hospital was a two-story building with a veranda-styled front porch.
- Furnace Steel Mill
The Furnace Steel Mill, located south of Bloomfield on Iron Mountain Road, was started in 1840 by Andrew Downing. He was a local businessman who had gained great wealth from other businesses that he operated in the area.
- Glenburn Home
Glenburn Home is a nursing home located on Glenburn Road and Northwest Fifth Street in Linton. This was the first nursing home in Greene County. Nola Yoder was the driving force behind establishing this facility.
- Goosepond Fish and Wildlife Areas
The Goose Pond Marsh are glacier basin areas just south of Linton, Indiana.
- Grand Opera House
The Grand Opera House, also known as the Linton Opera House, was built in 1905. It was located on the corner of Northeast A and First Streets. In later years, the building was known as the Grand Theater. The structure was torn down in the late 1970s or early 1980s.
- Graves Plumbing Truck
Many people are curious about the truck that Graves Plumbing uses as a sign. This truck is located at the family-owned business in Switz City, Indiana, on Highway 54.
- Great Sycamore Tree
A limb from the big sycamore tree that grew in the white river bottoms east of Worthington and was placed in the park in 1925.
- Greene County Courthouse
Today Greene County’s Courthouse is one of the only six remaining Bunting courthouses left standing.
- Greene County Daily World
The Greene County Daily World is the newspaper that basically covers the news in Greene County. The newspaper itself is over one hundred years old.
- Greene County Drive-In
Movies come and movies go, but the one thing that has stayed the same in Linton is the place where they are shown. The Greene County Drive-In is located on State Road 54 just East of Linton.
- Greene-Sullivan State Forest
Greene Sullivan State Forest consist of almost 9,000 acres of beautiful woods and rolling hills.
- Hillenbrand Fish & Wildlife Area
Maintaining 3,400 acres of upland game and wetland habitat, lakes and shallow impoundments the state is busy working for you.
- Humphreys Park
The park was named in honor of James Humphreys, a Linton merchant and state legislator who died in 1938. The park is bounded by Highway 54 (Northeast A Street) and Park Road.
- Hunters Mill
Hunter’s Mill, also known as Hunter Brothers' Shingle Mill, was owned by the Hunter brothers: James, John, and David. The mill was located in the northeastern part of Greene County in Highland Township between Calvertsville and Newark on County Road 450 East.
- Ice Cave
The Ice Cave is located south of Koleen and north of Doans. This cave in Southern Greene County is unusual as ice remains in it throughout the year, even in July and August.
- Lee Sherrard Park (Conservation Club)
The Lee Sherrard Park, also known as the Linton Conservation Club, is located on Park Road, just north of Linton. The Civilian Conservation Corporation (CCC) built the park in 1930.
- Linton City Hall
he city hall of Linton, located on Northeast A Street was built in 1912, when John W. Pennington was mayor. The building was a two-story brick structure with a distinctive cupola. The building also had a garage for the fire trucks and ambulances.
- Linton Fire Station
Linton’s new Fire Station is located on State Road 54 at Second Street NW in Linton, Indiana. It was completed in December 2006 before Christmas Day.
- Linton Freedom Festival
The city of Linton hosted its first Freedom Festival Parade in 1905. The parade was originated to celebrate Independence Day. Linton has held the image of a small town American community close to its heart throughout the years, which is often reflected in the Fourth of July Parade.
- Linton Giraffe
On the corners of State Road 54 and Northwest Sixth Street in Linton was a miniature golf course, known as At the Crossing, and was owned by Donald and Agnes Miller of Linton.
- Linton Mayors
Linton elected its first mayor in 1900 when it was incorporated as a city. In addition, a city council was elected to form the governing body of Linton. The mayor and city council are responsible for conducting the business of the city.
- Linton Plat Marker
he city now known as Linton, Indiana, received its name on November 19, 1835, when the United States Federal Government designated this small village as Linton in honor of William Crawford Linton of Terre Haute.
- Linton Police Station
The city of Linton has gone through some changes in the past year including the new Linton Police Station. The Police Station was at its original location from 1912 until 2006.
- Linton Post Office
In 1828 John Wickliff Wines established a settlement he named New Jerusalem, located just south of Old Linton (Sassafras) Cemetery. Wines became concerned because the settlement had no post office.
- Linton Public Library
For many years the Margaret Cooper Public Library has served the Linton community by organizing various events for families and children to come and enjoy.
- Log Cabin at Linton Elementary
The log cabin, which is 25 by 15 feet, is located on the playground in the woods at Linton-Stockton Elementary School. The log cabin was originally owned by Chip and Pam Sweet of Jasonville, Indiana.
- Metal Man
John Haywood, who lives in the Bloomfield area near the Tulip Trestle, has created his home and property to appear mystical with his imaginational ideas.
- Minnehaha Fish & Wildlife Area
Minnehaha has 8,382 acres of rolling grassland and wooded bottom land areas. Approximately 600 acres of the property is water.
- Muffler Man
Brent Murray, the owner of County Muffler Service, started his business in 1990. County Muffler was first located in a workshop on Highway 54 East in Linton across from American Rental.
- New Jerusalem
New Jerusalem was located on the south side of what is presently the Old Linton (Sassafras) Cemetery on County Road 40 near the old Indiana State Garage in Linton.
- Old Clifty Church
The Old Clifty Church is one of the earliest places of worship in Greene County. It is approximately 130 years old. The church is located twelve miles southeast of Bloomfield, on County Road 225 South just off State Road 45 about two and one-half miles south of Little Cincinnati.
- Park Inn
The Park Inn is currently Greene County’s largest motel. Originally it was used as housing for visitors at the Knoxville World’s Fair. The inn is now located next to Humphreys Park east on Highway 54 in Linton.
- Phil Harris - Alice Fay Collection
The Phil Harris-Alice Faye Collection, or "the library" as Harris referred to it, is a collection of memorabilia, which the Harrises donated to Linton in 1979 in connection with the original Phil Harris weekend.
- Phil Harris Golf Course
The Phil Harris Golf Course, located two miles east of Linton on State Road 54, has been managed by PGA Professional Bart Beard for the past five years. The course is the home of the annual Phil Harris Scholarship Golf Tournament.
- Piankeshaw Trails Educational Park
Piankeshaw Trails Educational Park offers an enhanced classroom curriculum for students and others.
- Pollie Barnett's Grave
The grave of Pollie Barnett is unique. The tombstone is like no other seen around here. On the top is a life-size replica of her cat, her only true friend. Pollie’s grave is located in Fairview Cemetery, which is north of Linton on Fairview Road.
- Red and Blue
The Red and Blue was one of the most well-known landmarks in Linton, Indiana. The building was located on the corner of North Main and Northwest H Streets. It stood across the street from the Linton-Stockton High School.
- Redbird State Riding Area
Redbird State Riding Area, located near Dugger, is the first state-regulated off-road facility in Indiana.
- Richland Plummer Creek Covered Bridge
The Richland-Plummer Creek Covered Bridge is located 2 1/2 miles south of Bloomfield, Indiana.
- Rock Springs
Rock Springs is located in Jackson Township, just east of Koleen, in a remote rural area of southeastern Greene County. It is positioned on the east side of paved County Road 320 South--just north of County Road 725 East, which is a dead end gravel road that extends about a mile from the springs.
- Sassafras Boy Scout Camp
Camp Sassafras is the local Linton Boy Scout camp grounds. The campgrounds are only a short distance out of town on Bolton Road, east of Fairview Cemetery.
- Scotland Hotel
The Scotland Hotel, located in the small town of Scotland, Indiana, is a two-story frame structure with a large verandah-style porch on two sides of the building. The hotel is located on Lot 51, with an additional 22 feet from the south side of Lot 54.
- Shakamak State Park
If fishing, camping, boating, hiking, picnicking, tennis, horse back riding or swimming are on your to-do list then Shakamak State Park is for you.
- Shawnee Field
The Shawnee Airport, the only airport in Greene County, is located on State Highway 57, two miles northeast of Switz City. The grass runway, which is a 2,200-foot legal air strip, is for small airplanes. Both private and charter flights are provided to the public.
- Shawnee Summer Theatre
The theatre has a rich history in our county seeing that it is now nearing its 50th season of productions.
- Sunset Park
Sunset Park, located north of Linton on County Road 200 N, in Greene County, Indiana, is owned by the city of Linton. The eight lakes in the park are some of the clearest lakes in Indiana.
- Teen Canteen
The Canteen was a great place for teenagers to gather after school, following ballgames, and on weekends. The building is located at Southeast First Street on the public parking lot owned by the city of Linton. The Canteen was built at this location as the city owned the property. Originally the grade, junior, and senior high school buildings were located on this property. Eventually the schools were torn down, but the Canteen remained. The Head Start Program is now located in the building.
- The Cine Theater
The Cine Theater was Linton’s most grand theater when it opened in December 1938. It was owned and built by Lawrence and Hazel Scherer. The Scherer family, which was of German descent, moved to Linton from Jasper, Indiana, and also owned two other theaters: the Cher-Ritz and the Grand Theater. However, they spent most of their time at the Cine.
- The Grill
In 1930 Charles Hinkle opened a family fast food restaurant known as Hinkle’s Hamburgers at 60 Northeast A Street in downtown Linton, Indiana. The most popular food on the menu was the "Hinkle Burger" that was prepared on a grill and smothered in cooked onions. People from all over the area would come to Linton to eat at the restaurant.
- Triple Railroad Crossing
The Triple Railroad Crossing was once located in Elliston on the west bank of the White River in Fairplay Township. This landmark actually evolved in three stages and then partially disappeared at the end of the Golden Age of the Railroad in Greene County.
Valhalla is a mansion found on the Owensburg-Koleen Road, southeast of Bloomfield.
- Van Slyke's Grave
In 1816 Peter C. Van Slyke moved from New York State to Indiana. He purchased land in Greene County located on a river bottom and a ridge, not far away from the White River.
- Viaduct aka The Tulip Tressle
Built in 1906 the Viaduct still stands 157 feet tall at the tallest point and 1 1/2 miles long. The Viaduct is the third largest of its kind in the world.
- Walnut Grove Church & Cemetery
The Walnut Grove church is one of the oldest churches in Greene County, Indiana built around 1895.
- Walnut Grove School House
The Walnut Grove school house. The building is located just down from the Walnut Grove Church of God. The building is now used as a garage. The building was built in 1870.
- White River Bridge
The Solomon Dixon Ferry crossed the White River at Fairplay. This was the first record of transportation being provided for crossing the river near Bloomfield. The ferry was established as early as 1823.
- Worthington Triangle
Framed by Union, Washington and Main Streets in Worthington the Worthington Triangle seems to be the center of the town.
- You'll Like Linton
For years welcoming visitors and residents alike the "You'll Like Linton" signs have a rich history with the town. The history of these signs can be traced back to a slogan contest in a year around 1930.